Dear Fellow Environmentalists,
We are asking for your support of George Latimer for Westchester County Executive. And we invite you to join us in showing your support by adding your name to the growing list of George’s environmental supporters.
George has a long record of strong support for the environment, and we know George will continue to fight hard for Westchester's environment if elected. Here are just a few of the many examples from George’s career as a State Senator, State Assemblyman, Westchester County Legislator, County Legislature Chair, and Rye City Councilmember:
* Perfect score 100% from the Environmental Advocates of New York for his voting record in the State Senate and Assembly
* 2017 Endorsement by the Sierra Club
* Perfect score 100% rating from the New York League of Conservation Voters and support throughout his career from the Sierra Club.
* Early public opposition to anchorage of oil barges on the Hudson River
* Opposes privatization and expansion of Westchester County Airport
* Opposes U.S. pullout of the Paris Climate Accord
* Fought back against the Trump cuts to the EPA by authoring legislation that would protect wetlands from harmful development (S1749)
* Established an affordable residential green building program ( S.3746A )
* Creating a climate action council (S2429, in committee)
* Introduced and sponsored the New York Climate Responsibility Act (S5557)
* Authored legislation to create the formation of a $1.5 billion solar incentive program
* Supports the closure of Indian Point Nuclear Plant
* Co-sponsored legislation for the protection of local water sources and infrastructure from harmful microbeads
* Supported a hydro-fracking ban
* Co-sponsored legislation that requires labeling genetically engineered food, allowing consumers to make informed decisions
* Authored legislation that prohibits disposal of certain products that contain mercury and establishes that they must be recycled by their manufacturers
* Passed legislation that requires schools to test and monitor for lead contamination
* Made certain the State Budget (2017) insured that $2.5 billion would go toward water infrastructure upgrades.
* Fought to continue the state’s record commitment to the protection of natural resources with $300 million for the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF)
These are just a few of George’s many public positions and political actions on environmental and sustainability issues. Read George's Environmental Statement by clicking here for a more detailed look at his environmental record and positions: on sustainable development, renewable energy, open space preservation, transportation and transit-oriented development, electric vehicle infrastructure, invasive species and natural resource protection, farms and local foods, and cleaning up the County’s procurement policy as well as its own environmental footprint.
Please join us by adding your name to the growing number of Westchester citizens concerned about our environment who are supporting George Latimer for County Executive. Send us an email with a simple "I endorse George Latimer" to: Environmentalists4Latimer@gmail.com or click the blue button below.
It will take less than one minute.